La'ala Al-Kuwait Real Estate Co.
Established in 1991, La'ala Al-Kuwait Real Estate Co. managed to achieve the project of "Sabah Al-Ahmed Sea City" (previously, Al-Khiran Pearl Residential City), which is considered the largest residential project with integrated facilities, services and infrastructure.
His Highness the Amir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah honored the project by launching water into the waterways of the city, in the presence of H. H. the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah
The cost of Sabah Al-Ahmed Sea City Project in its first phase (A1) reached KD. 166,280.820/- (Equivalent to around US$ 573 Million). The cost of the second phase (A2) reached KD. 185,654,695/- (Equivalent to around US$ 640 Million), while the cost of the third phase (A3) reached KD. 261,709,441/- (Equivalent to US$ 903 Million. Thus, the total cost till date reached KD. 613,644,956/- (Equivalent of US$ 2.116 Billion).
The total cost of the project is estimated to reach KD. 1.5 Billion (Equivalent to around US$ 5 Billion).
Objectives that La'ala Al-Kuwait is founded to achieve:
- Preparation and execution of studies for real estate projects for both Public and Private sectors, and specially all those related to the design, planning and construction of cities, whether on land or in the sea, and re-sorting of lands of such cities for sale to citizens, public officials and private groups.
- Establishment and construction of all centers, facilities, services, central markets, Complex markets, legal entertainment centers, restaurants, hotels, hostels, gardens, and clubs, and their administration, leasing and sale.
- Incision of waterways, channels, drainages, artificial waterfalls, preparation and construction of artificial gulfs, yachts and anchors and fishing basins and more of marine facilities and yacht fuel stations, also in the export transaction of tools, devices and machines of yachts and restaurant ships for public or private buoys and ferries for personnel and for vehicles (medium sized vehicles) related to the construction of sea and coastal cities.
- Undertaking the transactions of purchase and selling of real estates whether void lands, residential or commercial Complexes and other real estates.
- Undertaking real estate investment transactions aiming at developing lands and construction of residential or commercial Complexes and all buildings in the intention of selling, ownership or leasing.
- Undertaking maintenance, development restoration and cleansing works for real estates, waterways, natural or artificial gulfs, and construction of maintenance centers for yachts, ships, boats and ferries and their management, leasing and selling.
- Undertaking all varieties of construction schemes and all related works whether for outside parties or for inside parties, also export transactions and trade in all material related to real estate and necessary for its development. - Undertaking all construction works and contracting transactions related to marine navigation, electricity mechanical works, and generally all types of contracting transactions whether direct or in partnership with other contracting companies and their representation. - Creating or managing real estate portfolios for the company or others and operating as agents, representatives and custodians and offering consultations about investments and real estate transactions . - Entering into tenders and contracts associated with the objectives of the company in all areas of its activity. Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City
Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City is regarded as a pioneering project in the region as one of the projects of the future. It aims, as shown in the enclosed photos, at constructing an integrated residential city with all facilities and services. It is built on unused land in Al-Khairan area which is being developed through filling ups and water- way excavation work.
Works fully completed for the three phases ( A1 – A2 – A3 ) in Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City
The coastline from Kuwait Towers opposite Dasman palace to the Saudi border is nearly 120 km long. The coastline beaches created so far in Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City, which was inaugurated by H.H. are over 84 km in length, precisely 84300 meters, and it is expected that the length of the new beaches in the entire project will be over 203 km long.
Canal and waterways construction and raising the levels of plots and services works completed so far are 44 million and 123 thousand cubic meters. The volume of work on canal and waterways construction and raising the level of plots in the entire project are expected to exceed 138 million and 150 thousand cubic meters.
Canals and waterways have been completely filled with sea water making the total sea water volume entering the canals and water ways 32 million and 342 thousand cubic meters. It is estimated that the volume of sea water in the canals and waterways in the entire project would exceed 82 million and 800 thousand cubic meters.
Improving the soil tolerance up to a depth of 6 meters was done by Dynamic Compaction Drops . This is the first use in Kuwait of this technique in soil improvement. The number of drops executed to improve soil tolerance up to a depth of 6 meters was 5 million and 440 thousand drops . It is estimated that the number of drops for the entire project would exceed 15 million and 650 thousand drops.
It is noteworthy that these drops are executed by dropping a 15-ton steel weight from a height of 12 meters.
The volume of washed sand used on the new coastal beaches is one million and 757 thousand cubic meters. It is estimated that the volume of the washed sand used in the entire project would exceed 4 million and 700 thousand cubic meters.
The volume of rocks used for protecting the new beaches in the first three phases is one million and 431 thousand tons. It is estimated that the volume of rocks used for protecting the beaches in the entire project would exceed 4 million and 210 thousand tons.
Those rocks are used in constructing barriers to maintain the consistency and safety of sand beaches as well as constructing marinas and protecting the areas most exposed to the natural forces of the sea .
A wave breaker 1200 meters long was constructed to protect the new coastal beaches by using concrete blocks specially designed to ensure the highest degree of efficiency. This required using 200 thousand tons of rocks.
Infrastructure works completed in phases ( A1 – A2 ) and being completed in phase (A3)
Asphalt work on roads completed or in the process of completion amounted to one million and 563 thousand sq. m. . It is projected that the volume of road asphalting for the entire project would exceed 3 million and 650 thousand sq. m.
The pipes for the potable and irrigation water network completed so far in addition to what is being completed is 275 thousand and 100 meters. It is estimated that the length of the network for the entire project would exceed 713 thousand meters.
Storm water and sewage network completed or in the process of completion is 237 thousand and 500 hundred meters long . It is projected to exceed 700 thousand meters for the entire project.
The Post Telegraph Telephone (PTT) building for Sabah Al-Ahmad Sea City was constructed and handed over to the Ministry of Communications. The length of fiber optic cables completed or in the process of completion is a 541,500 meters. It is estimated that the volume of the communications network in the entire project would exceed one million and 590 thousand meters of cables . This is the first time optic fibers are used from the telephone exchange to all the plots.
The length of the electric cables network completed or in the process of completion is one million and 167 thousand meters . It is estimated that the length of the electric cables network in the entire project would exceed 3 million and 327 thousand meters.
A sewage treatment plant was constructed with a current capacity for 15 thousand people . It will have a capacity for more than 45 thousand people when it becomes fully operational. Another sewage treatment plant will be constructed at another location in the city with a capacity for more than 50 thousand people thus bringing the total capacity of the two plants to more than 95 thousand people . The resulting water will be used for irrigation.
Tel: +965 22460084/5
Fax: +965 22460089
Office Address: Mubarak Al-Kabeer Street, Block (1), Souk Al-Kuwait Bldg, 6th Floor, Office-613, Kuwait City, Kuwait.
Postal Address: P. O. Box 22964, Safat – 13090, Kuwait